Skip to main content

Courage When Circumstances Turn Hostile

 

Key Verse:

Acts 21:13 – Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus."

It is easy to assume that being in the center of God's will means smooth sailing. But Acts 21 reminds us that faithfulness often requires facing difficult seasons head on.

When Agabus prophesied that Paul would be bound in Jerusalem, the believers pleaded with him to stay away. Yet Paul’s devotion wasn't conditional on convenience. He understood that purpose often carries a price tag. When he arrived in Jerusalem, a mob created a dangerous riot. Yet, right at the critical moment, God used a Roman tribune to step in and preserve his life.

Whatever challenging situation or hostile circumstance you are facing this week, remember that God’s presence doesn't leave you when trouble arrives. He stands with you, protects your purpose, and gives you the grace to stand firm through every storm.

Thank you for reading this article!

Listen to the corresponding podcast: Standing Firm in the Storm

Check out, like & subscribe to the new YouTube song channel: 

Sonlight on the Keys! 

God bless you!

Sister Glenda @ www.vitalhope.co

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blessings Keep Coming

The blessings keep coming. It started the day she tried on her wedding dress. I was there in support. Afterwards, the entire group decided to get a bite to eat. In my purse, I had seventy cents and on my card, I had three dollars plus some change. Upon arrival to the restaurant, we were greeted and seated by the waitress. While checking out the menu, I wondered what I could order that would not be over the bit of money I had in my purse. I could play it safe by ordering a pop or coffee. Hmmm,... The waitress appeared as the group was discussing what they were going to order. Since they served breakfast, lunch and dinner, I asked for a side order of toast. The group suggested I get the french toast, which was waaay out of my budget. But, I said, OK and ordered it. All along, I had been praying in my head for the LORD to help me. When the food came, I prayed for the group, thanking God for our meal. We all enjoyed ourselves. They even tasted some of my french toast....

Your Delay Is Not Denial

Your Delay Is Not Denial Trusting God in the Waiting Season 📖 Habakkuk 2:3 (KJV) – “For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.” Have you ever felt like God was taking too long? You pray. You believe. You wait. And still… it feels like nothing is moving. It’s easy to get discouraged in seasons of delay — especially when others around you seem to be walking into their breakthroughs while you’re stuck wondering “When is it my turn?”  But the Word of God in Habakkuk 2:3 brings comfort and clarity: For the vision is yet for an appointed time... That means: God hasn’t forgotten. The promise, the vision, the direction — whatever He placed in your heart — is still alive. But it’s attached to a divine appointment. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t. 💭 What Is the “Vision”? In Habakkuk’s time, the vision referred to a revelation from Go...

You’re Not Alone in This

  You’re Not Alone in This When life gets heavy — and it does — we sometimes forget that we’re not meant to carry everything on our own. The weight of worry, uncertainty, or exhaustion may press down on your heart, but God is not asking you to be strong all by yourself. In fact, His strength shines brightest when we admit our weakness and lean into Him. Take a deep breath. Inhale peace, exhale fear. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  - 1 Timothy 1:7. Each step you take, no matter how small, is a step of faith. And you are never taking that step alone. God walks beside you — whispering courage, wrapping you in grace, and holding your heart steady. So tonight, rest in that promise. Tomorrow, rise with new strength. You’re not forgotten. You’re not forsaken. You’re not alone. My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness — 2 Corinthians 12:9  Listen to the podcast episode: Life ...